Ways to have a better massage
- Remember to breath during your massage. Deep breathing and closing of eyes will assist in complete relaxation. This is your time for your body and mind to let go of your worries and stresses of the day. Focusing your breath to the area of concern while I ease into your sore tight muscle is a great way to get the most out of your body work.
- Drink a lot of water after your appointment. You want to keep your muscles well hydrated. You will also decrease the amount of soreness with more water intake.
- Avoid eating or drinking too much before your massage. Eat a light snack right before or a meal a few hours prior.
- Speak up. Do not be afraid to tell me if something is uncomfortable or the pressure isn't right or you or to spend more time in an area. It shouldn't hurt. I want to work within your pain tolerance and if it's too much pressure it will cause you to tense up your muscles even more. If you don't say anything I'll assume everything is going good. The session is about YOU! Communication is key to helping you understand how massage can be a part of your health and wellness goals.
- Trust me to move or lift your limbs in whatever position. Allow your limbs to be heavy and let me do the work instead of using your muscles to help.
- If you have a current health condition lets talk about how you currently manage your health. Its an effective way to help you pinpoint when and what gives your body relief.
- I will keep your entire body draped and only the portion that is being massaged is undraped. Undergarments on or off. Whatever makes you feel comfortable on the table is fine.
- Remember to turn off your cell phone This is your time to relax and enjoy peace and silence.
- Please be courteous of my time. 24 hour notice of changes to your schedule or notification of a cancellation is greatly appreciated. Thank you for valuing my time.
- Please arrive at least five minutes early to fill out paper work. I want to value your time and give you the most out of your session.
Hope that is helpful!
Looking forward to seeing you! Make your appointment today!